Sunday, April 10, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

PRAISE GOD FOR THOSE LEMONS. :)
Amanda loves me <3

I have had many conversations with people who feel ripped off by life and therefore mad at God.   Because of personal challenges and severe circumstances they have decided that God is not worthy of their love or attention. However, I disagree with that.  I have experienced challenges in my life as well.  I have had people mistreat me and I have been delivered depressing news, but those things do not change my view of God.  They never have, and they never will. Even if my confidence in the the amount of trust I have in God wavers, my devotion to Him does not.

Even when life is not perfect....God is.

Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ never changes; He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!"


When I can’t find comforting answers to appease my questions, that does not mean that God has lost control.  I know that God is still good.  He is still loving, and He is still on my side.  When I am faced with challenges, I pray. Maybe not immediately, but eventually I know that every circumstance under Heaven, He is well aware of my needs.  Sometimes he has changed the circumstances and made them easier to deal with while other times he has just given me peace in the midst of the storm and surrounded me with his presence, but He has never left me alone, and He will never leave you alone either.  
So, the next time you feel that life has ripped you off and God has let you down, take a deep breath and realize that God is still right there next to you ready to help you cope.  You can pray and ask him to change the details of whatever it is that you are facing, but even if that takes time, ask Him for peace to make it through.
      
Philippians 4:6-7
"6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

I pray that you're able to "make lemonade" out of the circumstances you're in.

PS: Check out the greatest song ever:
REDEEMED, JAS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment