Monday, March 28, 2011

Just like the mist

"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning mist--it's here a little while, then it's gone." James 4:14

It's only been a week since my previous post and MY how things have shifted. So let's update!

I'm NO LONGER going to Africa in August alongside my friend Sara. God's plan for her August has shifted, and He has the final say. I was stunned to say the least, but not worried. Nothing was going to seperate me from this conviction God has put on me heart. Chip Ingram once said, "When you and God agree on something, NOTHING can seperate that calling from turning into a reality." And I am witnessing that truth first hand.

The exact same day Sara told me that she couldn't come to Africa, I got a call from a friend who asked if I would be willing to change my trip dates and accompany a group of amazing people to Uganda/Kenya in December. It took me all of two seconds to decide to make the switch! Some of you might think that's disorganized, or that I should've prayerfully considered the idea for a few weeks then got back to him, but my theory is this: God doesn't work around MY schedule, or yours, or ours, for that matter. The will of God is unpredictable, sure, but it's not invisible. This opportunity came at a moment where my "praise" for God was dwindling, and I was wondering why He would throw this "fork" into my plan for the summer. And that was the whole point. August in R/E with Sara was MY plan. My analytical, well-thought out plan. Not God's. Even in the efforts to do something great, an act of servitude, somehow I put my wants over God's. Yeah, that sucks to say, but it's honest. 

So for the verse of my blog: My life is but a mist, that vanishes as the day goes on. My plan is also that mist, easily lost as the Son comes out and shines HIS plan through brightly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have NO idea what God has in store for me now, all I know is that He's got the pen in His hands, and He's writing my biography! And MAN is that the coolest thing in the world or what??

SO, long blog short: I'm STILL serving, I'm STILL asking for prayers. Just the details of my trip have changed. I'll be going to Uganda/Kenya on December 26-Jan 6, with the protection of God's grace.
Thanks for staying up with my trip! There will be more details to come as I know this! But for now, I'm going to STOP worrying about the "plans" and the "details" and simply follow where God leads.

Redeemed, JAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment